Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Of Sardars and the 12'o'clock syndrome

I would like to clarify to the world that Sikhism is a religon I truly respect and throughly understand. The instance I'd like to share are not meant to offend anyone and are directed towards the people involved, and not towards the religon or any caste or community in particular. I could easily have been anyone in this situation ( I still wonder who tho?!?)

This is the time when Mom went looking for a comfy sofa for her beautifully built Health and Beauty Clinic. The furniture market in Chandigarh was the obvious choice for sofa hunting and a Sardarji was the first soul they'd bump into, lil wondering whats in store for them......

" Can you show us a sofa suitable to be kept at a reception?," asked Mom.
"Reception??? Well, people will come, wine and dine, dance a lil, enjoy and go. Why in the hell do you want to keep a sofa there????," comes the reply from the turbaned Sikh.

This other time I was travelling to Delhi from Chandigarh by a Haryana Roadways bus ( I ll tell you about them sometime later) when I hear an loud animated conversation between these two harmless gentlemen sitting right behind me and I'd presume you would have guessed by now, they were Sardarji's.

1st: Do you remember this guy from our village, Hansu? He's moved to Canada and is earning loads and loads of money!
2nd: Really??? But where does he keep all of it???

Huh! Goes my expression and as I casually glance upon my watch, its 1200 hrs......and there I go, again wondering about Sardars and the 12'o'clock syndrome......(lol)

3 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, July 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's ok to mention it on net but be careful there are so amny sadars around where u life!! beware!!!

 
At 4:18 AM, September 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im offended sid!

haha kiddin...
but u know i still cant understand why i felt that u told me prianka was a sardarni...
it must have bin 12 wen i spoke to u that time hehe...
have a blast!!

 
At 10:28 AM, May 26, 2006, Blogger soup said...

hihi haha....schl mein reh kar yeh asar is valid!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home