Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Perils of a new life

I was all worked up and excited about moving to Chennai till this happened, but before you read further:
the following sentences are disturbing in nature, readers discretion is advised especially for mothers and women who have a cleanliness disorder!

"Your accommodation (an apartment on a sharing basis of 5 /6 per house if it is a double bedroom house and 8/9 per house if it is a triple bedroom house) has been arranged...."

These are the excerpts of a mail sent to me by the unusually intimidating registrar at ACJ. But thats not the disturbing part, the registrar i.e. The horrifying part is to see 9 wannabe journos sharing the same appartment. I mean can you even imagine the filth they'd be capable of creating! Ok, I ve gotta admit that I am just not comfy with sharing a room with anyone. I have tried it in the past but those ended in miserable disasters. I stayed with Saumya once for a few months last year and it was killing ( not that Aunty being around was of much help either!). I dont know how the appartment is going to be, but I can only take solace in the words of an ex-student, words I had comfortably choose to ignore, while continuing my pestering questions about the place. I quote, "You will never go to the appartment." How I hope today thats true........
I guess I am being introduced to the perils of my new life and the ghosts I had long exorcised will return to haunt me, although this time I have no intentions of being busted. Nevertheless, a rather ordinary day with not much excitement apart from the news channels which are on fire today. A bomb forgotten yesterday exploding in Ayodhya(what the hell were the police doing, anyone with no experience in all this can tell you that the first thing to be done at ground zero is Quarrantine! Guess the police aint watching too many action flicks, eh) . A terrorist attack in Srinagar(....no offences but YAAAAAAAwwwNNN.....). 10 escape Tihar Jail( After Charles Sobraj and the guy who killed Phoolan Devi, I guess the Delhi Police still hasnt learnt a lesson). London gets Olympics 2012 ( Well, thats for once I aint complaining eventhough Paris's my favourite city.......).
Its time for me to go back to the kitchen and cook up some incidents myself...ciao....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home