Saturday, July 02, 2005

War of the worlds

Its a conflict between .....
the extrovert and the pervert.....
the orthodox and the paradox....
the conscious and the presumptious....
the inventor and the creator.....
the chained and the pained.....
the frivolous and the incredlous....
the ability and the disablity......
the time and the rhyme......
the bending and the impending.....
the physical and the philosophical......
the dumb and the numb......
Its a conflict of my worlds.....
between myself and thyself......
the mind is the battleground,
and the soul is that bleeds.....
Its a war between......
the consicous and the odious....
and lest the my dies....
the thy shall never rest.....


The conflict between myself and thyself arises more often than I would desire. And on days like today, puts forth questions I have no answers to.....and in the end, when I give up in despair, I find solace in the words of Robert Graves.....

He is quick, thinking in clear images; I am slow, thinking in broken images.
He becomes dull, trusting to his clear images; I become sharp, mistrusting my broken images.

Trusting his images, he assumes their relevance; Mistrusting my images, I question their relevance.
Assuming their relevance, he assumes the fact; Questioning their relevance, I question their fact.
When the fact fails him, he questions his senses; when the fact fails me, I approve my senses.
He continues quick and dull in his clear images; I continue slow and sharp in my broken images.
He in a new confusion of his understanding; I in a new understanding of my confusion.

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, July 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

theres a conflict in my mind too...its whether u r god gifted or blessed ...u r on the right track bud!this piece is beautiful!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home